Last Updated 8th June 2020
BE ASSURED, I TAKE THE SAFEGUARDING AND PROTECTING OF YOUR INFORMATION SERIOUSLY.
I WILL NEVER SELL OR GIVE YOUR DATA TO A 3rd PARTY.
I aim to be as clear as possible about how I use any personal information that you provide to me. If your questions are not fully answered by the information below, please contact me using the details on the “Contact Us” page, and I will be happy to help.
I may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on my website. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Information That I Collect
In running and maintaining my website I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of my site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make an enquiry.
- Any other information that you provide when you communicate with me by any means.
This information is anonymous and does not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever. So, for example, on a specific day I can identify how many visitors my site has welcomed though I will know nothing about these visitors in a personal context either in terms of their email, IP addresses or any other personal information.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer either to reject all cookies, to only allow “trusted” sites to set them, or to accept only those cookies from those websites which you are currently on. For more information please read the advice at
Visitors can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser.
Use of Your Information
I use the information that I collect from you to provide my services to you. In addition to this I may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from me relating to my products and services.
- To inform you of any changes to my website, products or services.
- To provide an improved service. There is more detailed information that I ask for and it is optional that you provide it.
- To provide information to you relating to other products and services I think may be of interest to you.
When you register with The Voice Coach, I will consider this as permission to contact you periodically with information about my products & services. I aim to keep my contact with you to an acceptable level and you can inform me at any time if you no longer wish to receive this information. Please contact me using the “Contact Us” page on this website.
- I never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
- Communicating with my business advisors and legal representatives. This is necessary for my legitimate interests of obtaining legal or professional business advice. In such circumstances, I will only share your personal information where it is necessary to do so, to the minimum extent necessary, subject to appropriate confidentiality restrictions and on an anonymised basis wherever possible.
I use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my e-newsletter. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help me monitor and improve my e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s own privacy notice: https://mailchimp.com
Where I process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by emailing me at email@example.com
Protecting Your Personal Data
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
My website is scanned on a regular basis for known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This scrambles information while it moves from one source to another to prevent the information being viewed or tampered with.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. I cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send me electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
I won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and I don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that I sell any or all of my business to the buyer.
- Where I am legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to a copy of the information I hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that I reserve the right, to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by me, in providing you with the information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which, for the purposes of the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the contact details of which are available here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Further Information on Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data as an Individual.
For further information about your rights in relation to your personal information, including certain limitations which apply to some of those rights, please visit the following pages on the ICO’s website:
You can also find out further information about your rights, as well as information on any limitations which apply to those rights, by reading the underlying legislation contained in Articles 12 to 22 and 34 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is available here:
Updating & Changes to Your Information
Where I intend to use your personal information for a new purpose other than the purpose(s) for which I originally collected it, I will provide you with information about that purpose and any other relevant information before I use your personal information for that new purpose and obtain your consent if required.